The following sections allow you to learn more about our information practices, including what type of information is gathered, how the information is used and for what purposes, to whom we disclose the information, and how we safeguard your personal information.
Why we collect personal information
We collect your personal information because it helps us deliver a superior level of customer service. It enables us to give you convenient access to our products. In addition, your personal information helps us keep you posted on the latest product announcements, special offers, and events that you might like to hear about.
What information we collect and how we may use it
There are a number of situations in which your personal information may help us give you a better experience. For example:
When we disclose your information
- We may ask for your personal information when you’re discussing a service issue on the phone, registering for a seminar, participating in an online survey, or purchasing a product.
- When you interact with Litespeed, we may collect personal information relevant to the situation, such as your name, IC/passport number, mailing address, phone number, email address, and contact preferences; your credit card information and information about the Litespeed products you own, such as their date of purchase; and information relating to a support or service issue.
- We also collect information for market research purposes — such as your occupation and where you use your computer — to gain a better understanding of our customers and thus provide more valuable service.
- We collect information regarding customer activities on our website.This helps us to determine how best to provide useful information to customers and to understand which parts of our websites, products, and Internet services are of most interest to them.
- We may use personal information to provide products that you have requested so as to improve Litespeed’s value to you as a customer.
Litespeed takes your privacy very seriously. Litespeed does not sell or rent your contact information to other marketers.
Within the Litespeed Group
With our service providers, vendors, and strategic partners
There are also times when it may be advantageous for Litespeed to make certain personal information about you available to companies that Litespeed has a strategic relationship with or that perform work for Litespeed to provide products and services to you on our behalf. These companies may help us process information, extend credit, fulfill customer orders, deliver products to you, manage and enhance customer data, provide customer service, assess your interest in our products and services, or conduct customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are also obligated to protect your personal information in accordance with Litespeed’s policies, except if we inform you otherwise at the time of collection.
At times we may be required by law or litigation to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary.
Information regarding minors under the age of 13 shall be safeguarded carefully by Litespeed and used solely for the purpose of ensuring product and service delivery by Litespeed.